Find a Grave

Search for cemetery records in Saint Clair Cemetery, PA at by entering a surname and clicking search:

Restrict search to

Surname

Monday, April 8, 2019

Cross Creek Presbyterian Early Baptisms, Part 1

It's time for spring cleaning and I've been busy like a bee.  But wait, here is a new old find.  At some point in time, someone transcribed some old Cross Creek Presbyterian baptisms and snail mailed them to me.  I wish I could remember who it was.

Cross Creek Presbyterian Church is an old church in Burgettstown, Washington, PA.  This area is of interest to me as I have been researching the John SMITH family of Hopewell Twp, Washington, PA.  Of course, I have other kin buried in their old cemetery, but that is a story for another day.

Do you know hard it is to document a name like John SMITH?  As my interest is in SMITH and PATTERSON, these were the only names transcribed.  So enjoy this beginning of the past.

Date of Baptism   Date of Birth  Name Baptized            Parents
Aug 3, 1800                                 Mary Smith                  d/o Ebenezer
Jan 11, 1801                                 John Patterson              s/o William, Jr
March 8, 1801                              William Smith              s/o Thomas
Nov 6, 1802                                  Samuel Smith               s/o Ebernezer


More later---

Ahh, genealogy.  It's a grand day for a family reunion!

©2019  AS Eldredge

No comments:

Post a Comment